Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I remember when...

When I was much younger, life seemed to be governed by the years events. Christmas, Easter, summer holiday, (maybe harvest festival) and then MY BIRTHDAY. After my birthday the last few leaves would drop from the trees and I'd be on the lookout for christmas decorations.

Fat chance these days.

My recent trip to the US showed that they do have a little more restraint with the christmas decorating in late November, this is because they have the un-decorated christmas rehersal known as Thanksgiving. Then it's 4 weeks of consumer bedlam and dwelling on the coments your family made before the eventual disopointment that is XMAS.

So, here to help you get in the mood are a couple of sites to amuse you.

I still want a Donner Party snow shaker with a little covered wagon on the lake. Can't seem to find one anywhere though. This will have to do for the moment.

Get into the seasonal singing thing with this.

and don't for get the reason for the season.

-Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home