CROAK!!
Thought you might like some of my thoughts produced for the Parish Magazine......
I have lost my voice…..Hallelujah! I hear some cry….but I was just sitting here and remembering how frustrating this could be.
How do I cry out for that essential cup of coffee to be ministered to me by my loving Wife?
How do I indicate to Imogen that her acrobatics are liable to result in a disaster?
All I can do is sit and listen. (Oh, yes, and write services, newsletter articles, reports etc.)
Is my frustration at not been heard, what it is like all the time for God? After all, in this busy period, who really has time to stop and hear what He is saying?
I think that in the busy-ness of Christmas, and our athletic attempts to welcome the Christ Child once again, we sometimes miss the still, small voice of Calm.
So this Christmas, pencil some time into the Diary, gather your Family, Light a Candle and take some time out just to ‘Be Still and Know that I am God.’ Remember Baby Jesus’ Genetic Father and don’t lose sight of the Innocent who came to be slaughtered.
Happy Christmas to all at St Johns
Ed


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home