Oooh oooh is it a bit of the Seafarer or the Wanderer, or Beoweulf or maybe my faveourite the Dream of the Rood ...
Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle, hwæt me gemætte to midre nihte, syðþan reordberend reste wunedon! þuhte me þæt ic gesawe syllicre treow
"Listen, I will recount the best of dreams, which I dreamed in the middle of the night, after speech-bearers turned to rest. It seemed to me that I saw a most wondrous tree" (Just in case!)
4 Comments:
Great, not sure I’ll use it with my youth group though!
There's some Anglo Saxon in it - cooool!
Oooh oooh is it a bit of the Seafarer or the Wanderer, or Beoweulf or maybe my faveourite the Dream of the Rood ...
Hwæt! Ic swefna cyst secgan wylle,
hwæt me gemætte to midre nihte,
syðþan reordberend reste wunedon!
þuhte me þæt ic gesawe syllicre treow
"Listen, I will recount the best of dreams,
which I dreamed in the middle of the night,
after speech-bearers turned to rest.
It seemed to me that I saw a most wondrous tree" (Just in case!)
Oh so not REAL Anglo-Saxon.... :o(
Just that hilarious but incredibly foul-mouthed (yet still hilarious, hehe!) squirrel things that one of my lads is always recommending me!!!
So WISH we could say some of that sometimes though!!!
You should have done a Medieval Studies MA.... an drunk more MEAD!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home