debate CTD
I got fed up of scrolling down the discussions around emerging etc so Ive started at the top (to save time). So OK I'm left with a load of questions-
1) What is the difference between Alt worship - emerging church - fresh expressions. I know what I think it will be interesting to get other peoples views (from inside outside and wherever)
2) How come when any discussions are started in these areas (definitions etc) we find people saying either 'you dont understand' or 'thats a modernist approach, we dont define' I was at a fresh expression meet this week and some person stood up and said ' we have to be aware of the fresh expressions of church where we engage with community in committeess and on council strategy groups' How is that a fresh expression of church? Thats sitting on a committee, by not defining we end up being nothin. Also we had someone say 'we do a youth service thats a fresh expression' .
3) I dont know where any of this is going but Im being dad this weekend and ended up watching a load of kack late night TV on freeview. One of these programmes I was watching was Mutant x a set in the non too distant future type programme. In it, as in most set in the non too distant future programmes everyone wheres black, invariably with long black coats and there are non fat people and n o one is ugly. How is it with perceptions of 'the future' there is a culturally accpeted way of looking at the future. IN reality is the future not too far away and not too different to what we see now, we just need to keep seeing. A bazaar if not totally unreal way of trying to look.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home