A Cold and Blustery Afternoon...Anticipation
It's Sunday Afternoon, and despite some rapid responses to comments on the Blog, all seems quiet. So I just thought I'd pose a quick thought provoker and see what you think.
Next week is the Youthwork Conference at Eastbourne (Any of you going??). I was spending some time reflecting on my anticipations regarding the event.
Am I going to enjoy this? Will I feel refreshed? Will the content be challenging? etc. And I was wondering...
Does our Sense Of Anticipation hinder God? Can we discipline our Anticipation?
When I first started at YFC on Op Gid at 18, the first session was on 'What do you expect God to do?'
As I reflect on that nearly 18 years later, I stop to think and wonder how closely related are Faith and anticipation.
One appears decision based and the other, in honesty, is subconcious. Is there anything to gain by forcing ourselves to align our anticipation to mirror our aspiration?
Does this help or hinder God ministering in our lives...?
I'd love your thoughts....hope to meet some of you at the Youthwork Conference too!


1 Comments:
"Faith and anticipation...
One appears decision based and the other, in honesty, is subconcious"
I'm not sure which is which of these?
I think of faith more as a gift than a decision. I've realised over the years that my surety of God's love for me is not something everyone has. Acting upon that faith is a choice for sure.
Anticipation ... is that the choice? I think it _can_ be.
Anticipation of Good things is good. Anticipation of bad things... dread... that's bad and can certainly hinder our ability to listen to God's guidance. I suppose anticipation of good things can distract us from the present moment too.
I'm afraid I won't be at the Youthwork conference; I'm more a Matrix fan! It would be good to meet sometime though.
Post a Comment
<< Home