Friday, October 21, 2005

Community means...

I wouldn't expect erudite quotations from me. I wouldn't expect much in the way of theology either, because I was off sick on the afternoon they studied theology at College.

For me, Community is at the heart of the Christian journey. I can't imagine it being possible to be a Christian and not be in Community. I have always had problems with "My faith, my Salvation, My Biblical Interpretation, and most crucially I just wanna pray..." for this reason. The personal journey of faith is just a part of the movement of the whole people towards God. If we think it's just about ourselves, then we are kidding ourselves.

Exactly what constitutes a community is a very fluid concept, and it has little to do with location, and everything to do with relation. The very notion of the body of Christ is about interrelation. So, a blogging community can be just as relevant as the one which are bored by my homilies on Sunday. Just like any other community, it can be functional and positive, or dysfunctional and spiteful; and all points in between. Does this make it any less relevant?

You may disagree with these comments and perhaps that is why I posted. Some debate is good. Disagreement is not the same as dysfunctional.



You just have to bear with me sometimes, as I'm probably the least emergent person blogging at the moment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home