Wednesday, February 01, 2006

God's Cruelty!?!

Been a while....mainly 'cos work has been hectic.....

Have you ever noticed how God challenges your comfort zone...of course you have! For me, I thought that working all the hours God sends was His little challenge for me.

And then along comes 2 1/2 weeks of quality bonding time with my (almost) 2 year old daughter. My wife has returned to the corporate world and the Nursery was full....Never mind, some quality working from home time with my little angel!

Except, trying to plan anything with a toddler around is a nightmare....it's like trying to work with the Clergy!!!! Whenever you start something, they interupt, seek your attention and generally distract you from acheiving whatever it was you started out to acheive. Toddlers are worse!

And yet, God has been challenging me to look hard at my priorities...I know I say my family come first, but do they? Working my contracted hours has shown me that God wants to use me outside my 'Ministry'. He wants me to love my Family and to care for them as He does. He wants me to have time to relax and recreate....

Like I say, God can be really cruel. But sometimes you have to be cruel to be Kind....

2 Comments:

At 1:59 pm, Blogger simo said...

Very well said, sometimes we just need that little reminder, my 2½ and 4½ year old remind me often about priorities although the one advantage of going out to work has to be the greeting I get when I come home! And soon there will be three of them!

 
At 6:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for real cruelty check out:
www.amnesty.org
www.nspcc.org.uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home