Thursday, January 05, 2006

Where to write

I find my self confronted with one major question when it comes to blogging and that is where to write? Having a personal blog I feel is right and there are certain things that definitely belong on there, it’s working out what should be brought to my second blogging home here at reluctant souls? The last time I bogged here it was a matter of wanting to hide, and knowing that those that the particular people that occasionally read my personal blog don’t know I write here and so there was an element of safety in the particular rant of the time. I suppose part of this question would also have to be the etiquette of posting a link here to my own blog to try and get a few more punters, not as a regular thing, I’m not suggesting that I myself or anyone else should use this as a opportunity to double up our blogs but if we feel we have got a big issue to discuss but feel it should be on the personal blog, should we then use reluctant souls t point people towards it, or even copy it? I don’t know just thinking (what’s the blogging equivalent of out load?) that’s it for now how do others work out these things or think about these issues.

4 Comments:

At 4:23 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

I have no idea about nettiqette in this instance. If you do want to double post/ use this blog to generate traffic to your own blog, i don't have a problem - but then i drop in on your bus every now and then anyway!

 
At 4:48 pm, Blogger EasyRew said...

I have the same question. I write so infrequently anyway at the moment, and when I do it's rarely deep and meaningful - I'm trying to save that for my preaching and my course submissions ;o)

If I was sharing something which I felt would be of use to my (two) readers, and the readers of Reluctant Souls, then I wouldn't have a problem double-posting. But I wouldn't want to do it with a "look at this cool link" kinda post.

I'm a regular at the "personal" blogs of most who write here, and if I saw a post here that I'd already read, I'd just skip it. It wouldn't cause any ill feeling.

 
At 6:22 pm, Blogger Sarah Brush said...

I suppose from my point of view I tend to post on here if I want to generate discussion more. I find the personal blog doesn't get so much comment traffic even though I know it gets more readers! I actually get more comments face to face from readers - usually when I go to tell a friend a funny story and they say "yeah, I know... you blogged it!"

Darn it!

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger Katie said...

yeah that happens to me...i get a comment at the end of an email or in conversation!

Stuff on my own blog tends to be more personal stuff...whereas relunctant souls is wider and can generate more of a debate/discussion/hear different views!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home