One happy family
Like many families at Christmas we seem to have been having a slightly tense time on here. We really wouldn't be a family or community without such times. However families work through these things so...
Friends,
We've been asked how RS is a community?
How about some relfections on how it communicates the individual stories of its members and how it grows a story of its own?


3 Comments:
"where there is total harmony, there is no love" Chinese proverb
Think that it has been refreshing hearing the voices - personally I have been uncertain of what to post hear as i have my own blog but I have appreciated the choice and the freedom this community brings.
how does a community differ to a collective?
I think community differs from collective by having slightly fewer Borg... sorry it's the only way I ever hear the term collective!
(Latin roots for both: communio and colligo, collectum) Community means to fortify or indeed barricade whereas collective means to have gathered together - perhaps we are a collective then!
Seriously though, for me community is about being different but still choosing to meet in the places where we do meet.
I find RS is like hanging out at the water fountain in the office. Or maybe it's the cafe round the corner?
I like the way we can ALL have a conversation even if we're not there at the same time. It is more inclusive than msn can be.
Yes I could talk to some of you guys on msn but I like being more open than that.
Post a Comment
<< Home