Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Starter for Ten


Starter for ten Posted by Picasa
In my first parish role I found my vicar and line manager hard (understatement) the young people were excellent and some of the people in the parish were excellent and one of the things I always used to look forward to was the quiz night on wednesday night at the local pub. We (a combination of church warden, fellow worker, my wife, one of my volunteers, a local hair dresser) always entered as the local parish team (along side the now omnipresent in all pub quizes 'Norfolk un chance). We got so good we represented the pub in a local championship (and won) and then went onto a regional final. Which means you can only have four people to a team not six as we had. My speciality was the clinically obscure (what happened on the 9th September 1752?) to film. It was decided that I souldnt be part of the four becasue the specialism was to specialist. At the regional final we lost by one question the picture round (see above) 'Name the author of the book the filmis based on?)
The reason for this posting on the way into work the quiz on the morning breakfats show asked a 'good pub quiz question'
Who stared in both the magnificent seven and the dirty dozen?
So three questions to start the week and test you metal, WITHOUT USE OF THE INTERNET

what happened on the 9th September 1752?
Name the author of the book the filmis based on?
Who stared in both the magnificent seven and the dirty dozen?

7 Comments:

At 9:45 am, Blogger simo said...

Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
maybe this is why I never do very well in pub quizzes, well that and the fact that I have only entered one once under false pretences (I was asked to go to a meeting and ended up on a pub quiz team?) and I think the team won despite my efforts.

 
At 12:55 pm, Blogger Sarah Brush said...

Umberto Eco
9th September 1752 - nothing happened (wasn't it one of the lost days?)
Yul Bryner? (Sp.?)

That's without using the internet... though now I will use it to see if I was right!!!

Do I get a prize if I'm right?

 
At 12:57 pm, Blogger Sarah Brush said...

Drat! I didn't get em all right! DRAT DRAT DRAT!

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Katie said...

i really don't have a clue!
Never been good at this stuff!

By the way...hello everyone...good to be back blogging here after the hols!

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger holyphil said...

I think, going on Sarah's guesses:
Umberto Eco
9th Sept didn't exist
& Charlie Bronson...from the Death Wish movies

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger Sarah Brush said...

Guesses?????!!!! One was a guess... and wrong!
yet, bergrudgingly...
Well done Phil!

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger holyphil said...

why thankyou. I await my virtual prize...Tim?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home