Feeling better
After my post yesterday I have had a few responses both in the comments and via phone, thanks for your support comments and care guys, for those who have been worried about me, I am fine, it was just something I needed to say and I think needs to be said to the church as a whole, reading through the comments I think confirms that, it’s time the church decided what it wants and how much it wants it otherwise the experienced/qualified youthworkers are all going to end up leaving ministry for the wrong reasons, we can’t afford to keep on doing it no matter how much we feel we should we also have to live!


2 Comments:
Mark - liking you thoughts - perhaps you need to make a post rather than a comment!!
By the way the Baptists do ordain/accredit youth ministers, although take up is low
Mark thank you for your comments, it’s interesting as the article you are talking about writing seams to hit my other hobby horse as well that of recognition within the church, I am now in a position where I should be becoming a licensed youth minister in January as that is a scheme here in Oxford diocese however in my last post I was only legally allowed to preach once a year as the CofE and had no recognition of the fact that I had spent 4 years at bible college and had gained a degree in theology which is in fact higher than some vicars have! I shall look forward to reading the article you’ll have to let us know when and where.
Post a Comment
<< Home