Monday, June 19, 2006

Free Sacraments

http://www.twotp.com/index.php5?ct=store.details&pid=V00018

I once wrote (probably in a blog somewhere) that I so believed in the power of the sacraments that I wanted to run out of the mass and stop people on the the street, and administer (in a very real sense) "The Body of Christ", "The Blood of Christ".

I see priesthood as a conduit of the sacraments, not their guardian. If God calls all to his altar, who I am to deny it to them - regardless of Church, Confirmation, Baptism, Sexuality or Mistakes made in their lives.

Jesus Christ is present here and now in our midst, in the most holy sacrament of the altar, and we have the audacity to keep him to ourselves.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 am, Blogger simo said...

What a fantastic idea, I agree too much Christianity is kept inside the church instead of overflowing from our hearts into the streets. I heard Mike Yaconelly speaking a few years ago at Greenbelt and he talked about how the church is not really for the people that attend on a Sunday morning but is for reaching out to the world, it is not the healthy who need a doctor, it is not the saved who need a saviour!

 
At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about freeing up the 'sacrament' - why not free up who can 'give' it? After all, are we not the holy royal people of God, how or why do we then limit who can give the eucharist out when at the last meal he didn't say 'Whenever you meet together in my name and have an ordained minister with you...'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home