A world of worship music at your fingertips
With over 1000 Albums available under the Creative Commons Licence, http://www.jamendo.com/uk/ is an amazing resource, getting music out of the back bedrooms and onto your iPod, or in my case onto the video editor for use in worship.
It has lots of genres of music, but the ambient, darkambient and film tags have so far produced a mass of tracks that will be very useful - and as Creative Commons releases, they have a much more open approach to being used legally in your own creative work. You can listen to it all before you download, and get hold of stuff via BitTorrent.
With regards to fully copyrighted works: I had a chat with a representative of CCEL at the CRE exhibition last week, and she confirmed that you can use copyrighted video and audio in an act of worship for which no charge for entrance is made. The CCEL booklet says that PRS "will not persue copyright" for that, but use something outside of worship, and they'll throw the book at you. However, as I havn't enough time to make videos for stuff other than worship, I'm allright, Jack. And now, I've found all that Creative Commons Stuff, I won't need to raid copyrighted stuff ever again! Hurrah!
iPriest


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home